Thanks for stopping into to take a peak into our CRAZY world! We Love IT and hope you do to!

Friday, November 5, 2010

LIFE!!! and my ramblings!

        So here i am again...haven't posted in AGES, trying to figure out where to even start!  Where have we been, what have we studied?   Hmmm...I guess I'll get to that list in a bit! And where are those pictures? They'll turn up, I'm sure! We have been busy with NO end in site!  Busy in my mind at least!  When I really think about it... life is probably not quite as crazy as I make it out to be!  I think it's really more of the "ME" twist i put into my life.  You see, I'm self diagnosed with JUNE CLEAVER SYNDROME!  (ie...my vintage pics)  I desire/dream/expect my life to run just as seamlessly as that of The Cleaver's.  Smiling faces (always), clean home, well dressed, nicely groomed, good mannered, dinner on the table, friendly, and fun loving!  Ummm, high expectations?  I ONLY want a clean house, well organized, nicely decorated, everything "just so", I want 2 boys well mannered, well rounded, well educated, I want a happy, healthy hubby.  I want to be there for my friends and family.  Oh and what I want for myself...yeah well, that could go on for a bit!  I want a family who happily serves the Lord, gives to others and smiles and never pitches fits (well at least not in public)!!! 
        So what do think?  Ummm, some things seem to negate others quite a bit these days!  Yeah, so we get up in the morning, I shower get dressed and start the first load of laundry.  The kitchen sink is sparkling at this point (since I was up at 1a.m. making sure of that) but then comes that first bowl of cereal.  Now its time to wipe the counters, fold up blankets from last nights lounging and snuggling and start school! So as Big boy and i work on school what is a 4 year old to do...even if he begins working on preschool stuff it most likely turns to toys before to long.  Before we know it, it's lunchtime and before we know it dinner, laundry folded, toys put away, floors vacuumed and mopped, school neatly put away, the next day planned and ready to go!!! Oh yeah and maybe, it isn't a day of school at home maybe we're heading out on a field trip, well I can almost always promise the beds are made! Everything else will have to wait!  So yeah, have I mentioned that my husband and I lead our elementary age Sunday school and that we are in the midst of  painting and decorating the room.  Oh and that  on Wednesday night bible study, childcare is provided (me)! Oh and I "kinda" have a small side business (or 2)!? And Sunday afternoons, after church are spent at my mom and dads, having picnics in the backyard, hanging out and Sunday dinner.  And then we usually make it to Hubby's parents if not every week, every other.  Yes and we love our friends to and love spending time with them!!!  So MUCH to do so little time! 
      So when I mention MY twist that I put on life...I am blessed to be bit creative, my brain is always coming up with cute ideas, (how to make a party more perfect, grow our church, gift ideas and more)!  I recently discovered, that more times than not I'm not directly asked to help with a certain task here or there, I volunteer to help because...I HAVE AN IDEA!  There are times when I wish I could just keep my big mouth shut, BUT, these are gifts (God given, I believe) and they are meant to be shared, right? 
      Right...and then there is LIFE, and Priorities and what needs to be done first and what can wait and what will I SETTLE with?  I have found that there are areas lately where i have settled ( the painting I desperately want to do at home, dinner on the table nightly) but still runs through my mind and perhaps/maybe (I think) contributes to my overall sense of stress...because... You see, June simply would not have settled on either of these! YIKES, are you now getting a view of my insanity...I know I'm not alone, I know there are more JCS sufferers. 
      Oh so, just for the fun of it lets add in The Parman School for Boys...yep, endless hours of research, planning and prep!  What will work best for my Right Brained big boy, He's so creative, and Right it's not even funny!  and little brother wants nothing more than to be just like him.  NO PROBLEM,  we teach with creativity then, yeah with "obsessive, creative mom" turning a lapbooks into mini scrapbooks.  I'm certain, the person who was clever enough to come up with the whole lapbook concept, was much like me.  Lacking time to craft her family scrapbooks, she put that creative energy into a school projects because "kids are only little once"!  Bottom line the pictures (memory cards) will still be there when, we have time. 
     PRIORITIES friends, priorities!  Serving my boys and homeschooling is a BIG one for me right now.  I feel called to do so, I know that there is no one who could do it with more passion and love than me.  So despite the lists in my head (of which there are many)  I choose to make a daily attempt to DO WHAT I CAN and allow God to handle the rest. So now that I've rambled on, and everyone knows my insanity...Please make me feel better and tell me I'm not alone! 

:) GEEZ, I don't even know that this flows or makes sense! Oh well...some how I'm guessing all the randomness might just provide that additional glimpse into the mind of us CRAZY women, trying desperately do it all as EVERYTHING jumbles through our minds! YIKES!

;) The perfectionist in me is screaming, "DELETE!"...  The girl wanting to get it all done (including posting more than monthly) says, "It'll do...You, spent way to much time finding those cute pics. to do any such thing!"

Love & Prayers, ME

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I just now read this and can identify on so many levels. You are not alone in your June Cleaver Syndrome. My problem is that I feel defeated before I can ever get started good and so things start to pile up. I don't know how you do it all! We should get together and chat sometime ~ from one JCSer to another! :)
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete